What is Billion Back?
A "one time" rebate of 66% of annual premiums for private (premiums 7/1/15 - 6/30/16) and public taxing district employers (premiums 1/1/15 - 12/31/15).
An estimated $1.1 Billion in rebates to:
Private Employers = $967 million
Public Employers = $133 million
When can I expect a rebate?
The BWC will begin processing rebates after July 4th. Expect all rebate checks to be mailed by the end of July.
Private Employers participating in the group retrospective-rating plan will not receive their rebate checks until Mid October.
- June 2nd, 2017 = Snap Shot Date
- Billed premium for the applicable policy period
- Reported payroll greater than zero
- Active, reinstated, combined or debtor-in-possession status
- Employees cancelling coverage prior to June 2nd are NOT eligible
- Payroll reporting and True-ups completed for 2015 policy year
For more information about the BWC's Third Billion Back, click HERE!