Central State University… Calling All Students
New, returning, and transfer students are eligible for incentives, grants, and scholarships making college an affordable choice. Central State University has announced a number of key initiatives designed to facilitate student enrollment and registration for the 2021 calendar year. First year students just beginning college, returning students registering for the fall semester and transferring students coming to finish their degree will all benefit. The Top Midwestern HBCU is comprised of 4 highly respected colleges in (1) education, (2) business, (3) engineering, science, technology and agriculture and (4) humanities, arts and social sciences.
“We’re excited to unveil these innovative tools and incentives,” said Brandon Davis, Director of Admissions & Enrollment Management at CSU. “Enrollment at Central State is the key to the start of a bright future as our students embark on the career path of their dreams. With our beautiful grounds, dorms and state of the art classrooms to our award-winning programs, life on campus becomes a cherished experience as students grow, build lifelong friendships and enjoy close-knit communities.”
Central State has developed several packages tailored to get students on the road, with seven different incentives to help students and families save money and time:
1. Fee Reductions: All new and returning students who are in good academic standing with the University will receive a 10% tuition reduction and a 30% reduction of housing fees for the fall 2021 and spring 2022 semesters. Enrollment Confirmation Grant $500 (GPA 2.25 to 2.69) or $1,000 (GPA 2.7 or higher) will be awarded to incoming students who commit to Central State University by August 1 for the fall 2021 semester. Enrollment Transfer Grants $1,000 (GPA 2.7+) or $500 (GPA 2.25 to 2.699). Transfer Tuition Scholarships and Grants are stackable.
2. On-campus Housing Benefits: For the 2021-22 academic year benefits will include customized move-in dates based on student requests and flexible housing fees for students who stay on campus for a minimum of two months.
3. Expanded Free Tuition: CSU has expanded its free tuition program to CSU employees, Alumni, and their families to enroll in degree seeking classes regardless of age or financial dependency.
4. Transfer Scholarships: CSU offers transfer students tuition scholarships up to $4K based on GPA and transferring credits. Transfer Tuition Scholarships and Grants are stackable.
4. University Honors College: Incoming freshmen students who have a 3.5 unweighted cumulative grade point average coming out of high school qualify to apply to the University’s Honors College. Honors students will receive a First Semester Scholarship which covers tuition and fees. Those who qualify will also have the option of residing in honors residence halls with other academically motivated students.
6. Marauder Cares Free Text Books: Provides all required textbooks, lab manuals, access codes and digital textbook versions to all undergraduate students at no-cost. Students save over $1500 during the school year.
7. Marauder Tuition Guarantee: This guarantee freezes the amount students pay each year based on their first year, no matter how tuition costs may rise around the nation.
Davis summed up the excitement around campus for the 2021 school year. “With these seven initiatives our hope is that even more students will enroll in the college with the lowest published costs in all of Ohio.” Then he added, “The University’s expansive 638 acre campus is exceptional in every way. And with 39 majors from which to choose, a fully online MBA program starting up in the fall, and help with scholarships and grants, Central State has it all, making advanced education attainable and affordable.”
For assistance with fall registration, information about all the ways Central State University is right for you or your high school grad, visit www.centralstate.edu as well as contact the Office of Admissions 937-376-6348.
Central State University. Start your future…today.
About Central State University
Central State University, located in Wilberforce, Ohio, is a regionally accredited 1890 Land-Grant University with a 134-year tradition of preparing students from diverse backgrounds and experiences for leadership, research, and service. The University, which has been named HBCU of the Year by HBCU Digest, fosters academic excellence within a nurturing environment and provides a strong liberal arts foundation and STEM-Ag curriculum leading to professional careers and advanced studies globally.