GCPH Using Mobile Vaccination Unit to Reach More Greene County Residents
Greene County Public Health officials are working with the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) to ensure that as many people who want the COVID-19 vaccine are able to receive it in the easiest way possible, with a focus on reaching those for whom access to the vaccines may be limited. The agency continues to work with various partners in the community to address that barrier such as the local YMCAs, township administrators, food pantries, libraries and local events. In order to reach these individuals, GCPH worked with ODH to secure the use of a mobile vaccination unit that will travel to each community.
According to the state’s COVID-19 website as of Monday, June 7, 2021, Greene County shows that 44.95%, or 75,932 people, have started the vaccination series, and 40.33%, or 68,124 people, have completed the series (2- dose Moderna/Pfizer, or the 1-dose Jannsen).
The schedule for the mobile vaccination unit from ODH is as follows:
• Monday, June 21: Fairborn YMCA, 300 Central Ave., Fairborn, Ohio 45324 (Side Lot)
Time: 12:00 – 6:00PM
• Tuesday June 22: Jamestown Public Library, 85 Seaman Dr., Jamestown, OH 45335
Time: 11:00AM -5:00PM
• Wednesday June 23: Sugarcreek Township Admin Building, 2090 Ferry Rd., Sugarcreek, 45305
Time: 9:00AM – 2:00PM
• Thursday June 24: Xenia FISH Food Pantry, 774 Cincinnati Ave., Xenia, OH 45385
Time: 11:00AM – 4:00PM (Pantry hours 12:00-3:00PM)
• Friday June 25: Fairborn FISH Food Pantry, 1149 N. Broad St., Fairborn, OH 45324
Time: 12:30 – 4:00PM (Pantry hours 1:00 – 4:00PM)
• Saturday June 26: Yellow Springs PRIDE, 314 Xenia Ave., Yellow Springs, OH 45387
(by Presbyterian Church across from Speedway)
Time: 11:00AM – 5:00PM (Entry on sidewalk side)
Walk-ins are welcome at each clinic, however, if you wish to schedule an appointment, please visit
ODH - Check Vaccine Eligibility (ohio.gov)
Ages 12-17 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
For more information about Greene County Public Health, call 937-374-5600 or visit www.gcph.info