Community Action Partnership Seeks Weatherization Technician
Position Summary: Works at home sites installing storm window kits, weather-stripping, caulking mastic duct work and making other home repairs necessary to reduce cold air infiltration. Insulate attics, crawl spaces and basements using cellulose insulation, insulation equipment, fiberglass batting, and other insulating materials.
• Conducts mandatory weatherization testing daily.
• Performs general workshop activities involving storm window preparation, glass, and plexiglass cutting, frame building, and painting.
• Performs general warehousing activities involving loading and unloading of vehicles, sorting and stocking of material and equipment.
• Responsible for maintenance and inventory of all assigned tools and equipment.
• Records vehicle mileage as required.
• Drive personnel, equipment and materials to job site(s) in agency vehicle and maintain vehicle mileage log.
• All other duties as assigned.
Education and Certifications:
• Prefer High School Diploma or equivalent, experience or training in construction trades, home weatherization, or related field.
• Must be able to follow instructions, work in all types of weather, building structures, and use various tools and equipment.
• Must be able to successfully complete all required training with a passing grade of eighty percent within three years of employment.
• Must have the ability to work with a diversity of backgrounds and be sensitive to the needs of low-income, elderly and/or minority groups.
• Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license and be insurable under agency insurance policy.
• Subject to criminal background check, pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing and MVR.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time, to talk and hear, to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, to climb or balance, to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, occasional bending or squatting. The incumbent is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Also required is frequent hearing and talking, in person and on the telephone. More than 90% of time is spent indoors. The condition of the air is normal/average air conditioned/ventilated. The noise level is normal to loud within an active community center environment.
Miami Valley Community Action Partnership (MVCAP) will not discriminate in any employment practice on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. CAP's commitment to equal opportunity includes nondiscrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity and expression.