Governor Mike DeWine has designated up to $125 million of funding received by the State of Ohio from the federal CARES Act to provide $10,000 grants to small businesses to help them through the current crisis.
The Small Business Relief Grant is designed to provide relief to Ohio businesses that have been negatively affected by COVID-19.
Beginning on November 2nd at 10:00 AM, businesses can submit an application for the SBRG at businesshelp.ohio.gov.
In order to access the application, individuals will be required to login using an existing OH|ID or create a new OH|ID, which provides users with secure access to State of Ohio services and programs. For more information on creating an OH|ID, please visit https://ohid.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/ohid/home.
Here are the basic guidelines:
Part 1: Eligible Businesses
A business as defined in these Terms and Conditions that meets all of the following criteria may receive funding from the SBRG:
- The applicant business is a for-profit entity (corporation, LLC, partnership, joint venture, sole proprietor).
- The applicant business is an employer firm with at least 1 and no more than 25 Ohio employees paid via W2 wages as of 1/1/2020, determined either by a headcount or full-time equivalent employee calculation.
- The applicant business has a physical location in Ohio and earns at least 90% of annual revenue based on activities performed in and taxable to Ohio.
- The applicant business has been in continuous operation since January 1, 2020, except for interruptions required by COVID-19 public health orders, and has the ability to continue operations as a going concern, taking into account a potential program grant;
- The applicant business has experienced revenue loss or incurred unplanned costs substantially caused by COVID-19 and a grant is necessary to help it recover from the impact of COVID-19.
- The applicant business is in good standing with the Ohio Secretary of State, the Ohio Department of Taxation, and any other governmental entity charged with regulating the business.
- If applicable, the applicant business has fully utilized any other government support received (including both grants and loans) by the applicant business for business expenses incurred due to COVID-19 or that can be utilized for business expenses incurred due to COVID-19.
Part 1: Eligible Costs
SBRG funds can be used to reimburse eligible businesses for the following COVID-related expenses incurred between March 22, 2020 and the date the application was submitted relating to their Ohio business location(s) as long as the costs do not violate State or Federal law and are not otherwise specified as “ineligible costs”:
- Personal protective equipment to protect employees, customers, or clients from COVID-19.
- Measures taken to protect employees, customers, or clients from COVID-19.
- Mortgage or rent payments for business premises (personal residences explicitly excluded).
- Utility payments (excludes utilities for personal residences and cellular phones not used primarily for business purposes).
- Salaries, wages, or compensation paid to contractors or employees, including an employer’s share of health insurance costs.
- Business supplies or equipment.
We will send updates as more information becomes available.