Your Chamber Benefits - Working For You!
Saving money on your energy bills is only an email or phone call away!
Our small business community has been hit hard by mandatory closures and safety measures required to slow the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Many business owners are struggling to cover their bills and are asking for help and wondering what they can do.
Along with over 200 Chambers of Commerce in the State of Ohio, the Xenia Area Chamber of Commerce offers the Chamber Energy Program to our members to help reduce utility costs, a large expense for many small business owners.
Why is this important for our business community?
• Many Chamber Members have no idea what their current rate is.
• More and more electricity and natural gas scams and frauds are hitting Chamber Members.
• We have seen members that have signed up with predatory suppliers, a bait and switch that ended up costing them thousands.
• Your contract may have expired, leaving you on a month-to-month contract and paying too much!
• You have the opportunity to save on electricity and natural gas for your business, your home, and even your employees’ homes!
• Restaurant owners can reduce sales tax on their natural gas bill when that gas is used for cooking.
When business was booming and there was not an immediate need to cut costs, many members did not pay attention to their utility costs. Given the current circumstances, we urge you to take one minute, scan in your recent electric and natural gas bill and see if they can help you reduce costs so you can immediately put money back into your business. Please see a few of their recent enrollment stories below.
Don't forget to ask how they can save you money on your home energy bills as well, and your employees too!
It's all part of your Chamber Benefits!