Sinclair/Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business Program
Application Deadline February 17th
The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program is a great opportunity for business owners to gain access to tools and knowledge to grow their business. In professional workshops delivered in-person, business owners learn from some of the brightest minds in the business, learn about access to financial capital, and build a powerful network of professional support. You can find out more about our program's impact by visiting them online.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PROGRAM:
- The program is offered at no cost to the business owner - every business owner selected receives a full scholarship, with tuition funded by the Goldman Sachs Foundation
- Hands-on education for business growth
- Within 6 months of graduating, 67% of businesses report increasing revenues and 47% added new jobs in the same 6-month time period
- The curriculum focuses on practical business skills, including negotiations, marketing, and employee management
- Access to highly-trained professionals who understand what it takes to grow a small business
- An expanded peer network of small business owners from across the country
Eligible businesses have at least $150,000 in revenues, at least four employees and have been in business at least two years. Visit https://10ksbapply.com/ohio to learn more and apply by February 17th for the inaugural Dayton cohort, which begins on May 7th, 2020 at Sinclair Community College. The application takes less than 15 minutes to complete.
PitchIn - Northmont
February 25th - 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
The Entrepreneurs Center is working to meet entrepreneurs where they are with new traveling initiative, #PitchIn.
#PitchIn is a small business pitch event that will travel around the Miami Valley region in 2020. On Feb. 25, we'll be at Northmont High School. Entrepreneurs from the Northmont area will pitch for cash & prizes to boost their small business. Participants will get five minutes to pitch, followed by Q&A with a panel of resource providers who will offer advice, feedback and connections.
The prize package, sponsored in part by Northmont-area businesses & TEC's Miami Valley Small Business Development Center, includes:
* $1,000 Cash Prize
* Kiva Application Coaching ($500 value)
* BBB One Year Membership ($425 value)
* Northmont Chamber membership ($200- 250 value)
* Website Audit by Gorilla-Bear Software Solutions ($50 value)
* QuickBooks Training by Designed to Organize, LLC ($750 value)
* IT services by Interlink IT ($500 value)
There is also an audience prize; what the owner takes home is up to you - donate at the door, then vote for the business you most want to see grow.
Want to pitch? APPLY HERE.
Want to attend? RSVP NOW & stay tuned as we unveil your PitchIn entrepreneur lineup!