One Bistro Hiring Saturday Kitchen Prep Cook - Posted May 2022
Prep Cook is ambitious and ready to assist in the preparation of delicious dishes in the kitchen. You’ll perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes. A great prep cook will be quick and diligent and willing to improve on the job. You will be deft and able to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules in the kitchen. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
· Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
· Label and stock all ingredients so they can be organized and easily accessible
· Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
· Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
· Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
· Prepare simple dishes and entrees at the direction of the Executive Chef
· Keep a clean and orderly kitchen; wash dishes, sanitize surfaces, take out trash etc
· Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
· Comply with nutrition, sanitation and food safety guidelines
· Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
· Assist with creation/execution of daily specials
· Report hours worked to Executive Chef every two weeks
· Prep Cook reports directly to the Executive Chef
· Proven experience as prep cook
· Must work within the allotted 8 hours per week
· Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
· Must be SERV Safe Certified or obtain certification in 6-months of hire
· Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
· A team player with good communication skills
· Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
· Very good physical condition and endurance.
· Must be able to do stairs and lift/carry 40 lbs
· High school diploma or equivalent is desirable
· Training from a culinary school will be an asset