One Bistro Hiring Front House Coordinator
We are a non-profit, faith-based biznistry, seeking a Front House Coordinator for our community café in downtown Xenia. This part-time role specializes in customer service and operational support to ensure the maintenance of an efficient and organized café with an emphasis on outreach—serving more than just a meal. If you are a team player with leadership and relationship-building skills, we want to hear from you. Applying candidates should enjoy working with the general public and have a passion for advancing our mission: “To provide a place where our neighbors eat and come together as one community”.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The Front House Coordinator is focused on delivering excellent hospitality to all who walk into the bistro and on recruiting and training our volunteers, as well as preparing our bistro each day for the next day. This person must also be able to perform all of the duties of the front of the house (open, hostess, wait tables, bus tables, to-go orders, cashier, close).
- Serve as cashier and accurately balance cash drawer at the end of each day.
- Ensure high level of customer service for both dining in and carryout orders.
- Resolve complaints regarding food quality, service or accommodations.
- Recruit and train volunteers in various roles according to their skill level.
- Monitor volunteer's work/hours for purposes of meeting community service credit.
- Supervise volunteers to ensure all follow food standards and health code regulations at all times.
- Coordinate volunteer and staff coverage for Community Meal (every Wednesday).
- Coordinate workforce development with service organizations, schools and Toward Independence.
- Maintain compliance with health and fire regulations.
- Clean non-food preparation and dining areas and restrooms daily.
- Promote awareness of mission, make connections, and promote activities.
- Engage in fundraising at the register and with customers (PIF, Community Meal, Table Sponsor).
- Engage in social media posts: daily specials, special events (FB Instagram, Xenia Eats, Twitter, etc.).
- Develop partnerships and relationships with patron's in the café (businesses, city officials, etc.).
- Track Logo wear inventory.
The type of person we are looking for is someone who loves the Lord and loves to serve others. Someone with a joyful spirit and an ability to connect with others easily and without hesitation. Being able to lead and move quickly, in an organized way, is critical for efficiency and creating an enjoyable bistro experience for all.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check.
- Must be able to perform scope of work within the 27 hours of allotted time each week (Wed 10a-3p, Wed 4-8p, Thurs 10a-3p, Friday 10a-3p, Saturday 7a-3pm).
- Part-time position (minimum 27 hours weekly)
- $15 per hour
- Paid holidays and vacation